Mari Vineyards’ tasting room team is happy to accommodate groups. Whether you are on your own or working with one of the area’s professional tour companies, there are a few guidelines to ensure a great experience. To eliminate long waits and frustration, book ahead with all wineries and stay on schedule.
What is a group? A group is 6 or more individuals, even if the party arrives in separate vehicles. A group may be visiting on its own or as part of a paid tour company.
When is the best time to visit? If at all possible, we strongly encourage visiting on a week day or earlier in the day. The crowds are lighter and it is easier for us to give you individualized attention.
Why should I make a reservation? Groups require additional staffing and space. A reservation for our reserved tasting space can be made in advance, which allows your group to skip the line and have a staff member personally assigned to assist your group. Groups that arrive without reservations are required to wait in the queue with our other guests until space becomes available.
Tips for Groups:
- Call Ahead – Due to limited staff and space, a reservation is suggested for groups larger than 6 individuals. Call our tasting room and speak with a manager to book a time slot for your group. Reservations are available on the hour and half hour only. Please note that the last reservation available is one hour before closing.
- Be on Time – Stick to the schedule you’ve established with your driver and the wineries. Leave ample travel time to get to each winery on time. To ensure the best possible experience and have the time to fully appreciate your visit, please arrive on schedule. If you are running late, please call and alert the tasting room.
- Drink Responsibly – Tastings are not about quantity. It’s okay to taste and spit. That’s what the buckets are there for. Plan to visit a limited number of wineries and be sure to designate a driver. Keep in mind that every full tasting at a winery is equal to a glass of wine! Most wineries also have nonalcoholic beverage alternatives.
- Be Mindful of Other Guests – A festive air often accompanies larger groups and it’s easy to forget that other guests may be in a different mode. Keep in mind that many guests are visiting our winery for educational purposes as well as to experience the serenity and beauty of the facilities and view.
- Cancellations – Please contact the winery if your group decides to cancel its visit. Another group on the waiting list will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Call 231.938.6116 today to book your group reservation.