Located on Old Mission Peninsula, the Mari Vineyards tasting room is complete and ready to welcome you and your guests. Sample our selection of wines while enjoying beautiful panoramic views of East Bay. We also offer wine by the glass both inside the tasting room and on our spacious patio. Be sure to try our unique Nellaserra wines which we think are among the finest red wines produced in Michigan. Our wines are stored and aged in our underground caverns and tours are available by appointment.
Winter hours of operation are as follows:
Sunday-Thursday, 11am-5pm (wine by the glass service stops at 4:40pm)
Friday & Saturday, 11am-6pm (wine by the glass service stops at 5:40pm)
All our experience options are listed below. Please note that some experiences require reservations, while others do not. If you have questions about our reservations and what they entail, please email Jenna@marivineyards.com
Please note that reservations cannot be made over the phone, and may only be made through our Tock Reservation System. If you are a tour company attempting to make reservations for your guests, please follow the protocol most recently outlined via email.
To search available reservation based experiences, visit our Tock page: Search Reservations
We are resuming offering tastings indoors. Reservations are highly recommended for tastings, although we will try to accommodate groups without reservations if openings are available. Groups for bar tastings can be up to 4 guests. Tasting reservations last 50 minutes and allow guests to try 5 different wines of their choice for $10. Guests get to take home a signature Mari Vineyards stemless wine glass from their tasting. A server will guide guests through the tasting experience, and can assist with any purchases at the conclusion of their tasting.
Guests are required to stay at the bar to enjoy their tastings, they may not take them away from the bar to be enjoyed elsewhere. While guests may not purchase snack packs or glasses while at the tasting bar, they are welcome to get any of these items at the end of their reservation to be enjoyed at any open tables inside or outdoors.
Masks are required to enter the building. Guests may take their masks off while seated at the bar enjoying their tasting. If a guest leaves their seat, they must put their mask back on. Groups will be seated at the bar with 6ft social distancing in mind. Please do not move our stools, as they have been spaced out to meet these requirements.
If you are a Wine Club Member, please alert the staff member at the beginning of your tasting, as applicable complimentary tasting offerings and discounts will be applied to your experience.
Groups of 5 or more can now book our Mezzanine space for private tastings! Reservations are required for this tasting option. These reservations last 50 minutes, and give guests an opportunity to sit and enjoy a preset tasting guided by their personal server.
Our Mezzanine Tasting Menu is cultivated to offer both a wide variety of wine styles and to showcase Mari's most popular current offerings. Guests will taste 6 different wines for $20 per person plus an automatic 18% gratuity. Please note that substitutions from this special menu are not permitted at this time. Guests may order snack packs if available. Guests will also get to take home a signature Mari Vineyards stemless wine glass from their tasting.
Guests must wear their masks the entire time while in the building, unless seated at their table. Once a guest is standing, they must put their masks back on.
To avoid crowding in the Tasting Room, guests will make their bottle purchases downstairs with their server. Any bottles purchased by the group will be collected by the server and brought out to the group at the entrance of the building.
INDOOR TABLE SERVICE
All indoor table service is first come/first serve with tables maxing out at 6 guests. Indoor tables offer guests the opportunity to sit inside and enjoy table service of wine by the glass & wine flights. Guests may also order snack packs when available. Guests are served by Mari Vineyards staff, and may also make bottle purchases with their server at the end of their experience.
Guests must be wearing a mask at all times, unless seated at their tables. When a guest stands up, they must put their facemask back on. Guests will not be permitted to move or combine any furniture.
We will be offering outdoor seating throughout the winter, weather permitting. Guests may purchase wine by the glass and snack packs indoors at our by the glass station, or at the outdoor bar when available. We will have fire pits for the outdoor patio tables, and heaters under our tents. Seating for our patio tables maxes out at 6, while groups of up to 12 may enjoy our tented areas.
Guests must wear a mask while on site. While guests are seated outdoors, they may take their masks off and enjoy their wine. Masks must go back on when guests stand up from their seats. Guests are not permitted to move or combine any furniture, or attempt to tend to the fireplace, firepits, or stand up heaters. If any assistance is needed with these items, guests can alert any staff member.
We will begin offering walking tours of our winery again! For $30, guests have the opportunity to explore areas of the building for an in-depth look at Mari Vineyards’ operations, while a knowledgeable tour guide educates them on our vineyards, history, and one-of-a-kind winemaking process. The tour will travel through various areas of our 31,000-square foot facility, beginning in the tasting room, where guests learn about the unique building. The tour guide will then take the group down to the production facility area and educate them on our individual winemaking process and the magic behind our one-of-a-kind wines. The journey ends in the wine caves where guests can learn more about our aging barrels of wine. The $30 fee covers the full walking tour and a signature wine glass to take home, no wine or food is included.
Guests must wear face coverings at all times while in the building. Please note that tasting reservations are not included in the walking tour. If your group would like to participate in a tasting after the completion of your tour, we highly recommend reserving a tasting at the appropriate time. Walking tours are limited to a maximum of 6 guests. We will not be combining any groups for walking tours; only one group is permitted on a tour at a time.
CURBSIDE PICKUP STILL AVAILABLE
- Call 231.938.6116 to place your order prior to pick up & prepay. We will put your order together for you.
- Call the same number to let us know that you’ve arrived, and what car you’re driving. We will bring your order out to your car.
- If you’d like us to put your order in your trunk or backseat, please open that door prior to us arriving at your car.
GUIDELINES & POLICIES
Please take note of the following:
- Anyone who is staying for an indoor experience will also need to undergo a temperature check. Any guests with a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to visit.
- All guests that visit must record their name and phone number with the host. The most recent Emergency Order under MCL 333.2253 requires businesses to take names & contact information for all guests to assist in contact tracing.
- Guests must have masks on to enter the building. This mask MUST stay on for the duration of your visit to Mari Vineyards. Masks may be removed while the guest is seated, but must be put on as soon as the guest stands back up. This rule extends to all of Mari Vineyards property.
- Masks must cover both your mouth and nose.
- When visiting, please head immediately to the host stand. The host will instruct guests on what options are available during their visit, and assist in answering any questions.
- Guests may be required to wait outside for some time. We are only permitted to have a certain number of guests indoors at any given time, so guests who are waiting on an existing reservation or waiting to be seated at a table may be required to wait outside. Please dress accordingly.
- The chairs at the tasting bar are available by reservation. Please do NOT approach the bar without being led there by a staff member. Each time an individual comes in contact with our furniture, it must be sanitized. If guests are approaching chairs without allowance via staff, we may not realize that this furniture needs to be sanitized again, thus making it unsafe for the guests who have made reservations to use that space.
- Outdoor tables are all first come first serve. Outdoor seating capacity for each designated section is a maximum of 6 people. Please do NOT move any furniture; everything is spaced out according to 6 ft social distancing guidelines.
- The Terrace is off limits due to winter weather conditions.
- There is no standing room on the patio; this negates our 6 ft social distancing requirements.
- Due to the extensiveness of our evening cleaning processes, service for wine by the glass will stop 20 minutes before close, no exceptions. While guests may not be able to get new glasses of wine after this time, they are welcome to sit and enjoy any wine they still have until close.
- As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about our guidelines, policies, or reservation system. We greatly appreciate guests who are working diligently to help us keep our staff & business safe, clean, and operational. We understand that this is a strange time, and each business has their own set of rules and regulations, which is why we’re always here to answer questions.
Remember everyone; Stay Safe, Stay Open!
Please note that these are temporary guidelines. We may increase or decrease our measures at any time. We may also increase or decrease our hours or availability, due to staffing. Please note that in addition to the guidelines for visiting above, we are keeping up with our strict standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
Guests not following the new & existing guidelines will be asked to leave. We have appreciated those who have been patient with us during this time of trial and error, and hope that you continue to enjoy your time visiting us, or enjoying your wines from home!