Hello Mari Vineyards guests!
Spring is here, and we have prepared a safe & enjoyable environment to enjoy wine indoors, while also expanding our outdoor seating.
Please read below to learn more about what experiences we have available, how to plan your next visit, and what guidelines & policies we have in place.
As of February 1st, we are reopening indoor operations in accordance with state regulations. Thank you for your patience as we navigate the newest MDHHS orders. We will be operating as follows:
- Wine by the glass, flights, tastings, charcuterie, and tours will be available. Learn more here.
- Please make your reservations on our TOCK platform. Reservations are not accepted by phone.
- We are now permitting select Tour Companies to bring guests to Mari Vineyards. Please double check with your tour service provider that they are on our Preferred Partner list. Tour companies will be responsible for making reservations on behalf of the guests.
- Some experiences are available for walk up providing space is available.
Arriving at Mari:
- Once guests exit their vehicles, they must have a mask on for the duration of their visit to Mari Vineyards. Masks may be removed while you are seated and actively drinking or eating, but must be put on as soon as you finish. This extends to all of Mari Vineyards property.
- Masks must cover both your mouth and nose.
- When visiting, please head immediately to the host stand. The host will instruct guests on what options are available during their visit, and assist in answering any questions. If the host is not at the stand please wait there for them to return.
TEMPERATURE CHECK AND CONTACT TRACING
- Anyone who is staying for an indoor experience will also need to undergo a temperature check. Any guests with a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to visit.
- All guests that visit must record their name and phone number with the host. MDHHS requires businesses to take names & contact information for all guests to assist in contact tracing.
- Seating is 4 guests per table or tasting slot. Groups with more than 4 guests must reserve multiple tasting slots or split up for walk-up table service. No more than 2 reservation slots per group. Tables are spaced at least 6ft apart. Guests MUST be seated to enjoy wine.
- Outdoor and indoor tables are all first come first serve. If sitting outside, please remember that although we're making every effort to keep the patio as warm as possible, it's a good idea to dress accordingly. Please do not attempt to start our stand heaters or fire pits without staff assistance.
- Please do not attempt to use empty chairs if they are not part of your group's table. .
- There is currently no standing room on our Patio as it negates our current physical distancing requirements. Additionally, our Terrace is closed for the season.
curbside bottle pickups
- Call 231.938.6116 to place your order & prepay. We will put your order together for you.
- Call the same number to let us know that you’ve arrived, and what car you’re driving. We will bring your order out to your car.
- If you’d like us to put your order in your trunk or backseat, please open that door prior to us arriving at your car.
We have appreciated those who have been patient with us during this time of trial and error, and hope that you continue to enjoy your time visiting us, or enjoying your wines from home!
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about our guidelines, policies, or reservation system. We thank our guests who are working diligently to help us keep our staff & business safe, clean, and operational. We understand that this is a strange time, and each business has their own set of rules and regulations, which is why we’re always here to answer questions.
Remember everyone; Stay Safe, Stay Open!