Interested in working at our estate winery on Old Mission Peninsula? Please see below for upcoming employment opportunities! Our general application may be submitted in person or via email to the contact listed with each position.
TASTING ROOM SERVER
While we are not currently hiring new Tasting Room Servers, we will happily accept applications and resumes from those interested in applying. As openings occur, we will reach out to qualifying individuals. If you are interested in working for us during the 2024 Summer or Fall season, please let us know! Thank you.
We are seeking self-starters who have the passion and drive to be a part of the continued success of our Tasting Room on Old Mission Peninsula. Ideal candidates will be interested in wine, outgoing, organized, self-motivated and disciplined individuals. Full and Part time seasonal positions are available. Ideal candidates will have availability into the summer/fall seasons, with possibility of year round employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the first face greeting guests, and assist in directing & answering questions regarding our winery, tasting room, and kitchen/food program
- Be professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly with all guests.
- Perform wine tastings and assist guests with wine purchases
- Serve both small parties and large groups
- Provide table service to guests, including wine, flights, and food
- Accurately use the point of sale system to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory
- Answer questions about, promote our wine club, process sign ups, and assist in packaging
- ID guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol
- Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times
- Perform housekeeping of tasting room, restrooms, patios, storage, and break areas
- Perform opening and closing checklist duties
- Attend mandatory staff training
- Wine appreciation & desire to continually learn
- Must have strong verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate product information to guests
- Ability to provide consistent hospitality while communicating Mari's mission
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Interpersonal awareness and relationship management skills
- Strong organizational ability, exceptional attention to detail, and follow-through
- Availability to work holidays and weekends through the end of fall, and extended hours in order to complete the job
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to stand, move, or walk for extended periods of time
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs, sometimes repeatedly
- Availability through mid-November 2023 preferred
- 1-3 years of hospitality, winery, or server experience preferred
- Must be 18 or older
- $11/hour base pay (with tips, peak season hourly rate ranges from $22 to $30)
- Cash and credit card tips
- SIMPLE IRA with Company matching program after qualification period
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance for Full-Time, year-round employees
- Sales incentives for Wine Club sign ups
- Discounts on Mari wine & food (age applicable)
If you are interested in working at Mari Vineyards, please fill out the application and email it to our Tasting Room Manager, Andy Jacobson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.