If you are interested in working at Mari Vineyards, please fill out the form below and include a resume. You may either email both documents to our Tasting Room Manager, Andy Jacobson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring paper copies into our Tasting Room. Please see below for current employment opportunities.
TASTING ROOM SERVER
We are seeking self-starters who have the passion and drive to be a part of the continued success of our Tasting Room on Old Mission Peninsula. Ideal candidates will be interested in wine, outgoing, organized, self-motivated and disciplined individuals. Full & Part time seasonal positions available.
Duties & Responsibilities
Requirements of Mari Vineyards staff will include, but may not be limited to:
- Be the first face greeting guests, and assist in directing & answering questions regarding our winery & tasting room.
- Be professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly with all guests.
- Perform wine tastings & assist guests with wine purchases
- Serve both small parties and large groups
- Provide table service to guests, including wine, flights, and food
- Accurately use the point of sale system to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory
- Answer questions about & promote our wine club and process sign ups
- ID guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol
- Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times
- Perform housekeeping of tasting room, restrooms, patios, storage, and break areas
- Perform opening and closing checklist duties
The qualifications of an ideal candidate include, but are not limited to:
- Wine appreciation & desire to continually learn
- Must have strong verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate product information to guests
- Ability to provide consistent hospitality while communicating Mari's mission
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Interpersonal awareness and relationship management skills
- Strong organizational ability, exceptional attention to detail, and follow-through
- Availability to work holidays and weekends through the end of fall, and extended hours in order to complete the job
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to stand, move, or walk for extended periods of time
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs, sometimes repeatedly
- Availability through mid-November 2021 preferred, with possibility for work to extend beyond that timeline.
- 1-3 years of hospitality, winery, or server experience preferred
- Must be 18 or older
- $10/hour base pay (plus tips)
- Cash and credit card tips
- Sales incentives for Wine Club sign ups
- Discounts on Mari wine & food (age applicable)
- On the job wine education at a 100% estate winery!