Cart 0 items: $0.00

2017 Chardonnay

2017 Chardonnay

Varietals: 100% Chardonnay

Vineyard: 100% Jamieson

ABV: 13.5%

Flavor Notes: Our Chardonnay has a buttered toast quality, with ripe apple notes. Nice soft Northern Michigan acids from malolactic fermentation meet supple tannins. This wine finds balance between toasty and fruity, never veering into the movie popcorn butter territory. Explore new flavors as the wine opens up!

Pairings: This is a great food wine. Anything sautéed will go nicely — think mushrooms, zucchini, potatoes, root veggies, and pasta primavera. It can also pair with freshwater fish.

Vinification: The Chardonnay was fermented and barrel aged for 10 months. About 80% aged in third to fourth use barriques, with the remaining 20% in second use demi-muids. The wine also went through malolactic fermentation in the barrel on its lees — stirred weekly for 3 months then left unracked and unfiltered up until bottling the following September 2018. The malolactic fermentation and prolonged lees contact affected a creamy texture, while stirring the lees provided toasty and nutty flavors.

Suggested Cellaring: Enjoy this vintage now through 2022.

In Stock
Add To Cart
$30.00
 
SKU: chard17
Wine Specs
Vintage
2017
Varietal
Chardonnay
Appellation
Old Mission Peninsula
Alcohol %
13.8
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: